East Hill Writers: Poetry Workshop with Chivas Sandage
This 6-week poetry workshop offers supportive and insightful feedback, inspiring discussions, and creative explorations within community.
- remarkable poems by contemporary writers from around the world
- your questions about poetry, your work, and the practice of writing
- multiple perspectives on what’s strong and what can be stronger in your poems
- accessible and intriguing writing prompts
- craft issues including “the poem as score”
- creative strategies for cultivating, revising and editing poems
- traditional and alternative publishing options
- the art and pleasure of reading your work for others
Facilitator: Chivas Sandage, author of Hidden Drive (Antrim House, 2012), holds an MFA in Writing from Vermont College of Fine Arts and a BA from Bennington College. ForeWord Reviews has just selected Hidden Drive as a finalist for its Book of the Year Awards. Her poems have appeared in numerous journals and the anthologies Paradise Found (Levellers Press, forthcoming in ’13), Morning Song: Poems for New Parents (St. Martin’s Press, ’11), and Manthology: Poems on the Male Experience (Univ. of Iowa Press, ‘06).
When: Six Sundays, 7-9 pm: June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 & July 7
Where: East Hill Writers in Canton, Connecticut
Method of payment: Check to East Hill Writers c/o 46 Gildersleeve Avenue, Canton, CT 06019, or PayPal.