1. Advanced Writers’ Workshop
Six Mondays, 7-9 p.m., beginning May 6 (none on Memorial Day) $260.00
For writers experienced in the workshop method of reading and discussing one another’s work, this workshop will guide you in developing your fiction or nonfiction project. Areas of focus will include development of themes, scenes, and characters; weaving exposition, scenes and dialogue; beginnings and endings; overall structure as well as the internal arcs of scenes and chapters; suggestions for revision.
2. Poetry Workshop
Six Sundays, 7-9 p.m., June 2 – July 7, $260.00
This 6-week poetry workshop offers supportive and insightful feedback, inspiring discussions, and creative explorations within community. We explore:
- remarkable poems by contemporary writers from around the world
- your questions about poetry, your work, and the practice of writing
- multiple perspectives on what’s strong and what can be stronger in your poems
- accessible and intriguing writing prompts
- craft issues including “the poem as score”
- creative strategies for cultivating, revising and editing poems
- traditional and alternative publishing options
- the art and pleasure of reading your work for others
Facilitator: Chivas Sandage, author of Hidden Drive (Antrim House, 2012), holds an MFA in Writing from Vermont College of Fine Arts and a BA from Bennington College. ForeWord Reviews has just selected Hidden Drive as a finalist for its Book of the Year Awards. Her poems have appeared in numerous journals and the anthologies Paradise Found (Levellers Press, forthcoming in ’13), Morning Song: Poems for New Parents (St. Martin’s Press, ’11), and Manthology: Poems on the Male Experience (Univ. of Iowa Press, ‘06).
Call 860 836-8416 or 860 559-8051 or email us at email@example.com